A satisfactory outcome is greatly dependant on the physician who is performing your surgery. In order prevent any complications with your implant revision, be sure to meet with as many surgeons as necessary to locate the most qualified doctor. In addition, patients often experience a more positive outcome when being treated by a surgeon with a good beside manner.
When meeting with a breast surgeon, patients are given the opportunity to ask any questions they may have and voice all concerns about the procedure. An experienced and qualified professional will answer all of your questions as thoroughly as possible and be happy to discuss the many details associated with breast revision surgery during that time.
There are a variety of questions you may want to ask a surgeon, such as does he/she:
- Have adequate breast augmentation and breast revision surgical experience?
- Perform this procedure surgery at a safe, accredited facility?
- Provide before and after pictures of their past breast revision patients?
- Offer you the option of speaking with their past breast revision patients?
- Offer the type of breast implants that you are seeking?
To locate a plastic surgeon who specializes in breast implant revision, be sure to browse through our vast database of experts on PlasticSurgery.com. We provide patients information on each of our physicians, such as their educational backgrounds, specialties, accreditation, and before and after plastic surgery photos.
In addition, we recommend downloading "Questions to Ask Your Doctor" before your appointment in order to be better prepared and have all your questions answered.